Reduce your anxiety and increase the benefits and joy of dog ownership workshop
Are you anxious when out in public with your dog? Do you worry about how others will react to you both? Do you lack confidence when handling your dog? Then our Reduce your anxiety and increase the benefits and joy of dog ownership workshop is just for you.
Mike witnesses, daily, dog walkers who are anxious and worried about their dogs. They are worried about what other people will think, how other people will react and how will their dog get along with other dogs. Anxieties such as these detract from the pleasure we should be experiencing when out with our dogs.
Mike and Sue (First in the Q) decided to collaborate on a course designed to help people with their dog-related anxieties. Mike will concentrate on the canine behaviour aspects and Sue will teach people how to relax in the situations that cause them concern with their dogs.
Our workshop will identify the key traits that confident dog owners possess and look at ways to foster these in ourselves and others. It will show you how to build confidence and develop a more positive approach to being with your dog in many everyday situations
- Examine the evidence – benefits of the companionship of a dog
- Understand the importance of motivation and intent
- Finding your window of tolerance
- Taming the human mind
- Building resilience
- Apply concepts – practical session
- Switching on calm
- Understanding our dogs
- Learning simple canine principles
- Produce a human/canine development plan (in other words, how to achieve a relaxed walk)
- Understand the critical aspects of a successful relationship with your dog
- Identify how a skilful approach to being with your dog brings evidence-based benefits to both of you
- Recognise warning signs of pressure and being overwhelmed in self and your dog
- Utilise techniques and tools to cope with emotional stressors in yourself and your dog
- Generate a personal action plan to manage your interactions with your dog effectively
- Display an enhanced level of understanding of your relationship with your dog
Who should attend
This course is best suited to all those who feel less than satisfied with their relationship with their dog. It is ideal for those who feel anxious when out and about with their dog and would like to feel more confident in dealing with everyday situations.
The course will happen if there is enough interest expressed.
This will be an online course
You are more than welcome to have your dog with you during the workshop, although they will not be required to participate.
Refunds up to 30 days before the event